The 3SAE High Strength Adjustable Thermal Stripper is a compact, easy-to-use fiber stripping unit designed to thermo-mechanically remove coatings from optical fibers with adjustable heat setting up to 200 °C for stripping of Acrylate and Ormocer® coatings. The precision, self-centering blade design ensures high strength and accurate stripping performance at either the fiber end or in window.
The Thermal Stripper supports optical fibers with cladding diameters from 30 μm to 1000 μm, with buffer diameters up to 1200 μm. This includes standard 195 µm, 250 μm, 400 μm, and 900 μm coated fibers. Temperature and time settings are adjustable for use with a variety of different coatings and cladding sizes.
At delivery, the system is pre-adjusted for Ormocer® coated fibers with a cladding size of 125 µm.
- Dimensions: 129.5 (W) x 73.5 (D) x 71 (H) mm
- Weight: 445 grams
- Power Source: Input: 100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Supported Fiber Types: 30 – 1000 μm coated
- Supported Fiber Buffers: 80 – 1200 μm
- Adjustable Temperature Range: 60 – 200 °C, or ambient
- Adjustable Heat Time Range: 0 – 30 seconds (2 second increments )